Feministische Perspektiven auf Politik, Wirtschaft und GesellschaftHeidebergenstr. 14
|Phone No.:||+49-(0)228-94499682; +49 (0)1520 177 40 80|
|Contact person:||Gisela Burckhardt|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Women's policy
- Human rights
- Aid organization
FEMNET is a non-profit association, campaigning for the economic, social and cultural rights of women, within the framework of general worldwide human rights.
FEMNET fights for a society where no woman is disadvantaged on account of her gender, her ethnic background, her nationality, her religion or her sexual orientation – not when looking for work, nor in terms of pay, nor in the health care system nor in old age.
Whether at the checkout of a German supermarket or in a textile factory in Bengal – all over the world, women work in undignified conditions. They do unpaid overtime, have great difficulty organising themselves in trade unions and are victims of sexist catch cries.
FEMNET wishes to raise awareness of this situation and to contribute to making the global workplace more socially responsible. We support women in the South and North, who are fighting for their rights. We carry out educational work in Germany and campaign for international solidarity.
We are working actively:
• in networks and round tables, national Action Days. We look for cooperation at a local, national and international level.
• we publish information on subjects relevant to women's rights.
• we show solidarity with women's rights organisations throughout the world, for instance by collecting signatures or donations for women fighting for their rights in other countries.
• we carry out general publicity and lobbying by information booths, articles in the press.
• we devise educational and informational materials e.g. for school classes, local working groups and other interested parties.
• we provide readings, our newsletter and (multiplicator) workshops.
We focus on women's social rights with the following three projects:
• FairSchnitt – study for a socially fair fashion industry
• support for the Clean Clothes Campaign - CCC
• practical support for employees in the clothing industry in India and Bangladesh by means of our solidarity funds.
Gisela Burckhardt is Chair of the FEMNET Committee.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.