Hilfe für Kinder in Burkina FasoPaul-Sorge-Str. 54
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)40 - 97 07 38 28|
|Contact person:||Omer Idrissa Ouedraogo|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
“abed” stands for "Association pour le Bien - Etre de l´Enfance en Difficulté" and means in English “Association for the well-being of children in difficulty”. Abed was founded in Burkina Faso, West Africa, in 2001 and has been a state-recognised organisation there since 2003. The non-profit organisation “abed Germany” was founded in Hamburg in 2003. It is an initiative for the improvement of living conditions for children and orphans in Burkina Faso. Currently there are 12 volunteers working there, in three areas of activity. They include social workers, teachers and nurses, who are chiefly concerned with AIDS orphans, HIV infected children and young people and their families, but who also attend to young people in difficult living conditions.
Aims and tasks
abed aims to improve living conditions for children and young people in Burkina Faso, since they suffer most from the poverty of the country.
That is why our organisation works towards:
• the formulation and enforcement of children's rights.
• the implementation of health education and prevention measures, particularly in the area of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases.
• the provision of medical and psycho-social aid for children and young people in difficult living circumstances
• the provision of socio-educational activities for children and young people, such as theatre projects, music making and dance.
• enabling young people to have schooling and vocational training by providing financial, material and psychological support.
• bringing children and young people back to their families.
• abed Info-evening
• Burkina Faso Culture Day
• “Kits scolaires” donation campaign for school pupils in Burkina Faso
• Photo exhibition and talk with discussion: is sponsoring sense or nonsense? Can sponsorships change society in the long run?
abed sponsorship project: sponsorships are the way you can support us financially or materially.
• abed child sponsorship: this is a way for people to take on the annual costs for a child or several children over a long period of time, so that these children can complete their schooling and vocational training.
• abed school sponsorship: this is a one-off promotion project. There are the following possibilities: funding school materials or books or also school fees for one or more children for one school year; supplying abed with materials for extra coaching.
• abed health sponsorship: this concerns general health care education, beginning with dental hygiene, but chiefly deals with teaching about the prevention of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases.
• abed support sponsorship: this is a way to help our members and volunteers in Burkina Faso and Germany to increase their expertise.
Omer Idrissa Ouedraogo is the president of abed Germany.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.