Gesellschaft für Afrikanische Philosophie (GAPh e.V.)Manfred-von-Richthofen-Str. 16
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)30/ 97 887 558; +49 (0)174/ 57 31 760|
|Contact person:||Raissa Ndjoh, Roger Künkel|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Educational policy/project
- Media project
The society for African philosophy (GAPh), founded in 2001 and situated in Berlin, is specialized on African philosophy and its related fields. Everybody who is interested in African philosophy or is working on this subject is invited to join as a member.
Our aims are:
• to create an interest in African philosophy for as many people as possible,
• to participate in the current scientific and intellectual discussion about African philosophy, without favorizing any philosophical, religious or ideological tendency. The society is obligated to a general humanism and works independently of confessional or political pledges.
• to further directly the better understanding between people and peoples.
• Regular meetings: GAPh holds meetings and lectures on texts of African philosophy each week, Thursdays.
• Archives of African Philosophy: For three years we have been collecting all disposable monographs in the field of African philosophy. Meanwhile we possess about 600 monographs in original edition or, if it was necessary, in copy. Our aim is to build up an extensive and comprehensive archives of the African philosophy to give everybody the facility to work on that field, nationally and internationally. In a short time we will publish a catalogue of all known monographs concerning African philosophy on that website. Later we will open a library in Berlin.
• Lectures, book presentations and discussions about African philosophy.
Roger Künkel is a Boardmember of the Society for African Philosophy (Gesellschaft für Afrikanische Philosophie, GAPh e.V.).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.