W3 – Werkstatt für internationale Kultur und Politik e.V.Nernstweg 32-34
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)40 398053-60; +49 (0)40 398053-84|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)40 398053-69|
|Contact person:||Imke Bredehöft|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
W3 – Workshop for International Culture and Politics – is a workshop for ideas, commitment and drive which has been active since 1979, taking part in the creation of cross-cultural co-existence, and developmental peace education in Hamburg, Germany. W3 has 14 groups of members.
As a non profit organisation, W3 organises events on the universality of human rights and compatible environmental policies, and spreads information on “One World”. It takes an active part in developmental, cross-cultural and peace promotional education work in Hamburg and has links outside the region.
Within the organisation, member groups and initiatives work towards developmental cooperation, tolerance in every area of culture, and encouraging thoughts of international understanding. The focus is on the promotion of international art and culture as well as educational work.
W3 is a meeting place for people of every nationality and a centre for cross-cultural and developmental issues in Hamburg. People work here on various projects with a common aim; worldwide justice.
W3 provides a public platform for people of every culture and battles against disadvantage, social exclusion and persecution.
It works for:
• an open exchange of ideas and positions, on an equal footing
• treating everyone with respect, regardless of their cultural, ideological or political persuasion.
• active environmental protection, critical environmental policies and conscious consumption behaviour.
• critical discussion of the globalisation process
• international solidarity, enforcement of human rights and social justice
• the ending and avoiding of warlike conflicts
W3 enables various encounters, functions and networking. Cross-cultural, developmental and environmental initiatives and societies work together under one roof. Individuals and groups are given advice on the development of projects and the organisation of functions.
The education and event programme includes:
• talks and discussions
• concerts and parties
• Films and theatre performances
• Seminars, conferences and further education
• varied global learning provisions for school classes
Imke Bredehöft is the speaker for educational and publicity work, W3 – Workshop for International Culture and Politics
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.