SnehalayaF-Block no. 239, Behind Shree Tiles Chowk, Beside Super Ammonia Plant,M.I.D.C.,
Nimbalak Tehsil, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, 414111
|Telefon:||+91 (0241) 2327593, +91 9011020171, +91 9011020173|
|Telefax:||+ 91 241 2323772|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Snehalaya is a non-profit, charitable, philanthropic, non-political social service organization founded in 1989 dedicated to serve the most neglected and exploited class of our society, primarily women & children Victims of Commercial Sexual Exploitation and human Trafficking (VCSET). Snehalaya’s efforts has had tremendous socio-economic & health impact by improving the lives of thousands of suffering women & children affected by the direct or indirect consequences of human trafficking including victims of sexploitation, slavery, HIV/AIDS, rape, addictions, child labor, unwanted pregnancies etc. In addition to numerous awards, citations, trophies, the most prominent is the prestigious Dr.Durgabai Deshmukh Award presented to Snehalaya by the President of India in November,2012.
SNEHALAYA’S VISION IS A SECURE WORLD FOR WOMEN & CHILDREN, DEVOID OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING, AND AN EMPATHETIC SOCIETY WITH COMPASSION TOWARDS PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS.
SNEHALAYA’S MISSION IS TO SEEK, RESCUE, SUPPORT, EMPOWER & REHABILITATE OPPRESSED WOMEN, DEPRIVED CHILDREN AND DISTRESSED HIV/AIDS AFFLICTED FAMILIES,THROUGH DIRECT INTERVENTION,CONSIDERING IT OUR SACRED DUTY TOWARDS THESE UNDER-SERVED HUMAN BEINGS, WHOM GOD HAS ENTRUSTED IN OUR CARE.
Snehalaya has initiated several unique pioneering measures to bring joy into the lives of under-privileged children, including curbing female feticide, establishing Snehankur to rescue and rehabilitate discarded new-born babies, formation of children’s “Balsena” (Children’s Force), to dramatically extend the reach of Snehalaya’s CHILD LINE. One of the most important projects of Snehalaya is its Snehadhar Project, which focuses on anti-human trafficking, rescue & rehabilitation of exploited women & children in distress, female feticide, child labor etc. With zero tolerance, Snehalaya has effectively curbed coerced prostitution of minor girls in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra. Snehalaya operates its own schools, medical & counseling facilities, legal aid, vocational training facilities, living accommodation etc in a homely environment for women – including rape victims, unwed mothers, HIV+/AIDS afflicted families etc. Quite a few of them are minors. The victims are provided free food, clothing, shelter, medications, counseling, legal aid etc. The women in the Snehalaya family come from all parts of our country. In addition to other new pioneering concepts, this year Snehalaya started the national Snehadhar 24 X 7 Helpline (0241–2340444 / 2340445) for women. It endeavors to provide rapid response & support to needy women through a nation-wide network of volunteers. This facility is available to victims of rape, domestic violence, acid-attack, eve teasing, voyeurism, stalking, pornography, blackmail, human trafficking etc.
Some Key Achievements :
• Snehalaya was instrumental in putting an end to police bribery, atrocities committed on VCSET and minor girls by the police, brothel-keepers, private money lenders, gangsters and customers in all the red light areas of Ahmednagar district.
• Snehalaya’s continuous awareness program and its numerous legal battles has facilitated the ban on the use of minors in the flesh trade.
• Snehalaya’s Shelter Home and Medical care and support facilities for HIV positive women and children have been the first of its kind in India. It has already benefitted more than 3.000 HIV positive women and more than 1,000 unfortunate children.
• Snehalaya has inspired other civil society members and institutions in Solapur, Latur, Akola and Pune districts to initiate similar type of work in their region.
• Snehalaya has successfully rescued numerous hopeless victims from sexual slavery and rehabilitated them by providing them with vocational training of their choice and also facilitating their marriages.
• Snehalaya has created a ray of hope in major urban slums on issues like child labor, malnutrition, child marriages, addiction, HIV-AIDS, the immoral human trafficking for the flesh trade.
• The active and direct involvement of the society in such issues is continuously increasing steadily due to Snehalaya’s efforts.
Some Key Snehalaya Projects:
• Snehankur Adoption Centre : An initiative of Snehalaya, launched in 2005. • Save the Girl Child: Snehankur has a program designed to save the life of the unborn. It has an enviable record of “zero mortality” of the infants and mothers in its care.
• Childline: Childline is India´s 24-hour free emergency phone service (Toll-free number : 1098) for children in need of aid and assistance.
• Rehabilitation Center: It provides a home, hope and future for more than 350 children and women. The inmates are not only provided with free-of-cost, food, clothing, shelter, education, recreation, vocational training, medical facilities, and most importantly - love and affection. The beneficiaries include rescued minors from the flesh trade, children of VCSET (Victims of Commecial Sexual Exploitation & Trafficking), HIV infected children, abandoned orphans and other neglected individuals of society.
• Snehajyot Mukta: Dispensaries for sexually exploited women in the red light areas.
Snehadhar : In 1989, it became the first helpline in India for Female Sex Workers (FSW). Formally launched in 2011, it endeavors to address the specific vulnerability of each of group of women in dire circumstances through a home-based holistic and integrated approach.
• Bal Bhavan: Bal bhavan, a unique model of social change is a very successful project, primarily focused on providing education and improving health conditions of the children living in the slums, in and around Ahmednagar. Activities such as playgroups, tuitions, health check-up camps, etc, help not only in eductation but also in creating awareness about communal harmony, good health and consequences of addictions.
• Community Care Center: Wards for In Patients; Ambulance services; Outpatient consultation and treatment; Lab services; Pharmacy; Counseling
• Center of Hope : IT Computer Education: The center has started courses for Information Technology, M.S. Office, Desk Top Publishing and spoken English.
• Anamprem (Love Annonymous) : A home for the blind, deaf, dumb, and physical disabilities.
• Youth Programs: Youth Sensitization Camps: The objective is to nurture a sense of social harmony, unity, dignity for labor, obligation towards society and the nation.
Himmatgram : Himmatgram will be a modern township comprising of, to begin with - a Rehab. Colony for at least 400 people ( families of PLHA as well as rehabilitating VCSET, and boys and girls in distress), a state-of-the-art co-ed boarding school, a multi-religion place of worship, a meditation center, vocational training facilities, agricultural activities (including horticulture, floriculture, vermiculture), dairy farming, de-addiction programs etc.
Radio Nagar 90.4 FM : Radio Nagar is the first Community Radio Station (CRS) in Ahmednagar started by Snehalaya on 31st January, 2011.
Ulrike Hilgers is the Representative of Snehalaya in Germany.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.