Promoting Africa e.V.Im Neubruch 16
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Organisation d'aide
The organisation “Promoting Africa”, a German – African initiative, was founded in Herrsching, Breitbrunn on 1st May 2009 and is officially recognised as a non-profit organisation.
The aim of the organisation is the advancement of development cooperation in Africa. This work involves fighting poverty, giving children and young people educational opportunities as well as maintaining the environment e.g. by promoting renewable energy. We work in conjunction with the relevant organisations in Africa and procure contacts, sponsorships and voluntary service placements.
At the moment we are supporting AIDS orphans and traumatised children in the slum Mathare in Nairobi, Kenya. To this end, dedicated Africans stand by children in their current life situation in the slums, give help where necessary and support them in their school attendance.
In addition we are planning a house with workshops for training youngsters from the slums, in order to make it possible for them to get a job after leaving school. Our African partner is “Youth Support Kenya”, which started these projects based on their own experiences, and who asked for our support.
• Basis work: Promoting Africa wants to give children and youngsters future prospects by ensuring them an education. At present we support AIDS orphans and traumatised children in the Nairobi slums, in Mathare and Embakasi. We are working together with Africans who have been campaigning for these young people for years. They have joined forces under the umbrella organisation Youth Support Kenya. The children's needs are varied. They need a roof over their heads and regular meals. We see that they attend school, provide school clothing and fees. We give them social and medical care. We are particularly concerned with the girls, who are often overtaxed with numerous tasks and are exposed to violent assault.
• Sponsorships: we seek sponsorships for all of “our” children. This can involve letters, small gifts or special vocational training. We have photos and personal details of all the children, which we would be pleased to send you. Apart from personal training sponsorships we also offer support for students in practical courses in our handicrafts schools.
• Skillscentre Nairobi
Ruth Paulig is the President of Promoting Africa.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.