Projekt West-Afrika e.V.Liebigstr. 26
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)6421 166036; +49 (0)17477827 38|
|Fax No.:||+49(0)6421 166220|
|Contact person:||Sodogas Akoete|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
The West Africa project originated in late 1999. It arose from the idea of some medical students at Marburg University. It has been registered as a non-profit organisation since 2005.
The West Africa Project provides not only scientific and cultural exchanges between students from five West African countries (Benin, Burkina-Faso, Ghana, Niger and Togo) and Germany (Marburg in particular), but also sends humanitarian aid goods to medical departments and educational institutions. Since 1998/99 it has offered students the chance of a summer vacation placement in health care, a clinical traineeship or work experience semester in West Africa.
• specific donations of medicines and medical supplies.
• building a health centre in Togo
• constructing an information network and collaboration in the area of vocational training
• tackling AIDS, environmental pollution etc.
• nutrition, health, development of traditional medicine
• training (especially for women, the disabled and orphans)
• Building a children's home
• Building a village health care centre
Sodogas Akoete is the president of the West Africa Project.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.