Ethical Encounters - Volunteer Holidays (EE)620 Louis Botha Ave, Bramley
|Phone No.:||+27 (0)847080004; +27 (0) 60-366-8214|
|Contact person:||Ritzer Kenie|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Ethical Encounters (EE) is one of Africa´s expanding Social Enterprises that started as an entrepreneurial dream, which became a reality through dedication, vision and commitment. Started in 2008 by a Social Enterprenuer, Ritzer Kenie, the company has grown from strength to strength.
Ethical Encounters is a South African charitable organisation that organises travel to other parts of the continent and in doing so, aims to assist small community organisations who need resources for their own projects. A tourism that has an inclusive approach to our diverse people, a tourism that is meaningful to the disadvantaged people of Africa, and a tourism that serves to inform visitors about the dynamism of our new democracy.
Our private organisation operates without any official funding. We rely solely on the goodwill, dedication and enthusiasm of our team members and volunteers. As one of the South African medium enterprises, we accommodate all ages and nationalities, and guarantee an authentic, African experience in a safe and beautiful environment.
Within a year, it became clear that there was a great need in various sectors of the rural communities of Africa where Ritzer traveled and was introduced to for support and specialised assistance. Ethical Encounters stepped in and began forming strong bonds with the local people and various organisations.
We had established an orphanage, renovated schools, water wells, sports and health projects which were run solely by the goodwill of volunteers and our small Ethical Encounters team.
• O´ciens Children´s Home – Uganda: The Orphan project is committed to improving the lives of the children, and offering them an education and a higher standard of living. These children are between the ages of 3 and 8 years old. Our main focus is the Children whose parents died due to various diseases who have experienced many negative changes in their lives and suffered neglect which has led to a lot of impacts like emotional trauma and neglect.
• O´cien´s Academy School - Uganda: Our school allows the neediest children in Kampala to receive a primary education, as well as providing vocational education for young adults.
• Mondoli juu Primary School – Tanzania: Mondoli juu School is a local primary school serving the massai community of the Mondoli juu village in North of Tanzania over looking Kilimanajaro mountains. The school focuses on building literacy in Maa along with Swahili and English. They will inculcate cultural pride into the students, while also teaching English and subjects adhering to the national standards of education in Tanzania.
• Mondoli juu Village Projects – Tanzania: The village of Mondoli juu has had a particularly difficult time developing due to lack of funding and the remoteness of the area. Ethical Encounters has attempted to work around these impediments and focus on sustainable community projects with what resources are available. The community has a lot of needs ranging from Safe Water, Health to Solar power.
Ritzer Kenie is the Founder of Ethical Encounters (EE) – Volunteer Holidays.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.