Leben braucht Wasser e.V. (LBW)Industriepark 13
9300 St. Veit/Glan
|Telefon:||+43 - (0)650 - 20 16 997|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
The LBW (Leben braucht Wasser – Life needs Water) association, founded in 2009, is a relief organisation based in Austria and Germany that specialises in the construction of drinking water supply wells in arid countries worldwide. Our team accepts the challenge to build supply wells for drinking water in regions of extreme draught in order to provide people with access to clean drinking water.
"Water – Abundance helps Aridity" is our motto in the organisation and we jointly pursue our goal to successfully establish water projects in arid regions of the world. In order to raise money for the implementation of our water supply well projects, water events are organized in regions where water is abundant in order to build more supply wells in arid parts of the world with net profits. At LBW we also offer the opportunity to sponsor one of our current well projects.
One important task in our organisation is to train and qualify young men as well-builders. Together with our partner organisations in Africa, we train adolescents there to construct drinking water supply wells and spring tappings themselves after they have qualified. With this professional training they acquire the know-how necessary to establish their own well building companies.
Our concept has three aspects:
• Drinking water: With the help of LBW, people in Africa get access to clean drinking water for a life in dignity.
• Training: With the help of LBW, young people get professional training and the know-how necessary to set up their own businesses.
• Jobs: With the help of LBW, people in Africa get jobs to feed their families.
Another goal of our work is to raise people´s awareness of the value of access to clean drinking water – we want them to realize that the conservation of water is everyone’s responsibility, worldwide.
• Tansania – Moshi: The HAI centre in Moshi is a vocational training school for trades like metalworkers, bricklayers, joiners and electricians in which about 500 students get a professional education. With the support of LBW sponsors, young men and women are trained to be locksmiths, electricians and bricklayers to prepare them for a professional career. LBW plan to build the supply well in order to supply the inhabitants of the camp with the drinking water they so desperately need. This project will also be a test run for the apprentice well builders.
• Tansania – Kabuku: In order to be able to supply the people in the region of Kabuku with indispensable drinking water, the LBW team plans the implementation of a well project. The drinking water will be pumped by means of a solar pump station that will also serve for irrigation purposes.
• Tansania – Miruazi: In order to be able to supply the people in the region of Miruazi with indispensable drinking water, the LBW team plans the implementation of a well project. The drinking water will be pumped by means of a solar pump station that will also serve for irrigation purposes.
• In cooperation with government approved vocational schools and well construction companies in Africa, our Austrian well construction team is working on a training project called “Drinking Water for Africa”. In a 2-year apprenticeship, we want to qualify teenagers as well builders so that they get: Access to clean drinking water in their villages; Vocational Training, and an Income.
Gabriele Stuck ist he Executive Officer of LBW (Leben braucht Wasser – Life needs Water) association.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.