Zentrum für kindliche Mehrsprachigkeit e.V. - zkm e.V.Bergmannstr. 46
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)89-50 80 88 23|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)89-50 80 88 19|
|Contact person:||Petra Rinberger|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Antiracism, policy of integration
The Children's Multilingualism Centre is a non-profit organisation. We are a team of experts and parents concerned with multilingualism.
The Children's Multilingualism Centre developed at the end of 2002 out of the project KIKUS – language advancement GERMAN (+ mother tongue) at preschool and primary school age. This had been running successfully in Munich since 1998 and was carried out throughout the German speaking countries at the same time.
• Our main aim is to make language and education accessible to all children, giving them equal opportunities.
• We advocate the appreciation of all languages and go under the assumption that multilingualism is an asset to the community.
• We are convinced that such language appreciation encourages integration and promotes cross-cultural competence.
• Our overriding aim is to create a sustainable future on a social and educational level.
The Children's Multilingualism Centre puts the idea of multilingual early learning into practice.
We create our own concepts and materials, and provide talks, courses and further education. From our practice for your practice.
Here you can find all the details about what we offer:
• KIKUS German course for children from 3 to 10
• KIKUS English, Spanish and Turkish courses for children from 4 to 8
• KIKUS further education programme
• KIKUS teaching and learning materials
• Talks and specific further education courses
Petra Rinberger represents the committee of the Children's Multilingualism Centre.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.