ALEJO Community Support Project (ALEJO CSP)MWELE BUSINESS CENTER, ACCRA STREET
|Dirección de Internet:|
- Lugar donde pernoctar
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
- Proyecto colectivo/comunal
- Organización de medio ambiente
- Derechos humanos
ALEJO Community Support Project is a non-profit making organization registered in Zambia as a Company limited by guarantee.
Our focus is to support efforts entrenched towards the reduction of extreme poverty in the communities through engaging people in education activities meant to impart knowledge so as to sustain themselves.
Our organization has put knowledge and economic empowerment as a priority so that the beneficiaries are able to participate in solving their problems effectively.
Implementing two streams of programs, all intended to enhance development and respecting human dignity, we have two departments through which specific projects and activities are extended to our members.
• Livelihood: This department deals mostly with issues concerning agriculture, water and sanitation, and social services. The livelihood department uses a number of ways to support agriculture such as promoting organic fertilizer, conducting short courses for the farmers, collaborating with the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries who offer the much needed technical support.
• Human Rights: Under this department, we deal with issues concerning governance, election monitoring, promoting and protecting the rights of the minorities and the vulnerable people. Advancing the awareness of the universal declaration of human rights UDHR, the AU Charter in the communities. The department also does receive human rights related complaints and provide advice, to persons whose rights are violated with a view of providing redress. Referrals are made to other non-state and state actors who are involved in providing support. AJEJO CSP advocates for the abolition of the death penalty and elimination of all forms of inhuman, degrading and dehumanizing punishment. ALEJCSP opposes ill-treatment of prisoners. Particular attention is paid to the plight of women and the young people in detention.
Our organization mobilizes the community members and identifies the challenges they face. We engage the affected communities to find appropriate solutions for the issues they face. As an organization, we involve communities to seek solutions that are meant to address the plight of children, women and other community members that are usually perceived as vulnerable to human rights abuses.
We oppose discrimination of all forms whether targeted on HIV / AIDS inflicted individuals, minority groups and individuals in all our programs.
ALEJO CSP pays particular attention to promote and protect the rights of women, the juveniles, and the young people with interventions that are rights-based.
ALEJO CSP activities:
• Based on its foundation of providing sustainable agriculture service to promote food security, ALEJO CSP has a specialised in mobilising communities to appreciate best agro-practices through provision of training in crop farming, livestock farming, fish farming and business entrepreneurship.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.