Hilfe für Menschen in Not, e.V.
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)6103-702951|
|Contact person:||Silke Marson|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Commune, community project
Aid for People in Need was founded in 1992 and aims to tackle poverty on our own doorstep.
The mission of our organisation is to support people in need of help, especially children, youngsters and the elderly, in particular in Germany, as well as to advance aid for youths and old people.
We fulfil our aims by:
• organising the distribution of urgently needed articles (school materials, toys, clothing, furniture etc.)
• offering support (when searching for something, form filling etc.)
• offering private tuition, free clubs, homework supervision
• caring for old people
• providing rooms for these things, and
• supporting the present facilities, in the form of distributing necessary articles (toys, school materials, clothing).
Thanks to our extensive network (in Langen: 200 people, in Facebook approx. 22,000) we can help local children and young people from needy families in a matter of hours.
Single mothers also turn to us when they have unexpectedly had to separate from their partners and start again from scratch. We have been able to help several people by providing a complete household for them, including furniture and contents, within a week.
Several restaurants, ice cream parlours and cafés arrange one birthday party a year free of charge. Several hairdressers cut children's hair five times a year free of charge. Several kindergartens, schools, friends' associations and aid organisations are linked to us. We go with young people to government offices, help them to write letters and make phone calls. We offer free assistance with job applications.
We have a large store of clothes, school materials and toys. Mothers choose clothes and school materials, the children can take a toy..
Silke Marson is the founder of Aid for People in Need.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.