Myanmar Stiftungc/o DSZ – Deutsches Stiftungszentrum GmbH; Widenmayerstr. 10
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)89 33 02 91 6 -17|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)89-283 774|
|Contact person:||Jürgen von Jordan|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
The Myanmar Trust is a non-profit organisation, founded in 2000 by Jürgen von Jordan. He has spent most of his working life in Thailand and Myanmar, where he mainly lives today.
The Myanmar Foundation has a private, non-political character. The management of the Foundation is in the responsibility of the DSZ-German Foundation Center GmbH, one of the most renowned foundation management companies in Germany.
The main aim of the Myanmar Foundation is to support projects of the child and youth welfare as well as public health care through financial and material donations.
• Orphanages / Sponsorship: The Myanmar Foundation supports several orphanages. Carriers of orphanages in Myanmar are the state, Buddhist monasteries or church institutions. The basic care of a child includes: housing and nutrition; clothing, school fees and basic medical care
• Scholarships: At the end of 2010, the Myanmar Foundation started a scholarship program for children from their orphanages. We plan to help children finance their studies at a university and to supervise them during the 3-4 year study period. Every year about 10 children should be newly admitted to the program.
• Schools: Since its inception, the Myanmar Foundation has built and supported 9 primary schools, 36 middle schools and 7 high schools in the Bagan region of central Myanmar. The regular support and supervision of the school projects was transferred in 2015 to the Foundation Life, whose focus is on school projects.
• Ferdi Boarding Home: With the Ferdi Boarding Home a boarding school was founded in 2013. Only children whose parents can afford to complete tutoring lessons in all subjects over the last two years of schooling are eligible for university graduation from the Burmese school system. The Ferdi Boarding Home accommodates 100 talented girls and boys from socially deprived families of mostly ethnic minorities, and supports them with sponsored additional private lessons. The buildings of the boarding school were financed by five German friends of the Myanmar Foundation.
• Healthcare: Construction of hospitals in Nyaung-U / Bagan and Thandwe, Mrauk U / Rakkine and transfer to the state health system.
• Emergency aid: Following the devastating hurricane Nargis in 2008, we were able to provide EUR 150,000 in emergency aid for the affected region together with the Munich section of Interplast Germany e.V., Stiftung Life and other partners.
Bagan Language Center: In 2004, the BLC was founded. Since then, English has been taught at the BLC. In addition, the BLC runs a kindergarten and offers computer courses. Since several years the BLC depends no longer on donations.
• River doctors: The medical ship brought after the cyclone Nargis medical care in the affected regions of the Irawadi Delta. Meanwhile, the boat was handed over to the Artemed Foundation.
Myanmar Youth Development Center: With the support of the Robert Bosch Stiftung and private individuals, a Youth Development Center is being realized in Yangon. The aim of this center is to supply young people from minorities with professional skills in electronics, carpentry, mechanics and first aid.
Jürgen von Jordan is Chairman of the Advisory Board of the Myanmar Foundation.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.