Lange Tafel e.V.Jüterboger Str. 6a
|Phone No.:||+49 (0) 30/69 39 523; +49 (0)1522 89 85 098|
|Contact person:||Isabella Mamatis|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Commune, community project
- Media project
The Long Table (Lange Tafel) was founded on 9.11. 2006 and is a non-profit organisation. The long table is a narrative public presentation. showing a dialogue between generations and cultures. Starring school pupils as hosts and presenters. Director: Isabella Mamatis with a network of artists, colleagues, partners, sponsors and the Long Table team.
"Show me what I can learn from you" Once a year 300 young people meet the older generation and share what they know about surviving in a city, town or village – depending on the location of the table. Together they write down what they know, based on annual topics. The results are presented on various long tables, on streets and squares. Parallel to the tables there are washing lines where the results flap in the wind, for all to read. The youngsters act as trained hosts and as MCs for the dialogue between the generations.
• Cross-generational dialogue. Our main objective is to advance children and juveniles and to build up existing social resources in contact with the older residents of a neighbourhood.
• Value development
• Violence prevention and the integration of different social groups with various ethnic, cultural and religious origins within a neighbourhood.
• Sustainability: on the Day of the Long Table, every table presentation which ever took place is repeated. A rapid spread throughout Europe with a snowball effect.
• Art and communication in public places: entertainment. interest, community.
Isabella Mamatis is the founder and director of the Long Board
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.