SevalayaKasuva Village, Pakkam Post Office, Near Thiruninravur- Thiruvallur District
602024 Chennai,Tamil Nadu
|Phone No.:||+91 (0)44-26344243|
|Fax No.:||+91 (0)44 28473415|
|Contact person:||V. Muralidharan|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Sevalaya, founded in 1988, is a registered charitable organization in India. Sevalaya means Temple of Service. It is engaged in activities for the welfare of the poor and the deprived.
"Love all serve all" is our slogan. We have to serve whoever is in need of our service, irrespective of which caste, religion or country he or she belongs to. Also the service should be done with love, remembering that we should thank that person for giving us an opportunity to serve
• Swami Vivekananda Boys Home and Mother Teresa Girls Home: For poor, orphan and destitute children - The homes provide food, shelter, education, opportunities for skill development and talent promotion in an atmosphere of love and care.
• Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Old Age Home: The Home shelters poor and destitute senior citizens and provides peaceful and dignified living in their twilight years - and a decent farewell when they leave this world
• Mahakavi Bharathiyar Higher Secondary School: The School provides education for classes 0 to XII for the children of the Home as well as from poor families in the surrounding villages. Most of the students are first generation learners. Free Note books, uniforms for all children and free transport for the elementary school children are provided. Support is also given for further studies after completion of higher secondary course.
• Kasthurba Craft Centre conducts a six month certificate course offering free training in tailoring for poor rural woman. Free Computer classes for the rural poor youth and women are also conducted.
• Mahatma Gandhiji Medical Centre conducts free medical camps for the residents as well as the villagers periodically.
• Swami Vivekananda Free Library (including Mobile Library) for the residents and villagers has a good collection of books including complete works of Mahatma Gandhi, Mahakavi Bharathiyar and Swami Vivekananda. The library is used by the villagers as well as our residents.
• Vinobhaji Goshala: The goshala (cow protection centre) shelters around 25 cows (both milk yielding and dry cows).
V. Muralidharan is the Founder and Managing Trustee of Sevalaya.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.