Barakat Inc.283 Broadway
MA 02139 Cambridge
|Phone No.:||+1 617 520-4335|
|Contact person:||Angha Childress|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
Barakat is a tax-exempt non-profit organization, founded in 1994 and based in Cambridge, MA, USA. Barakat is dedicated to providing exemplary basic education in Afghanistan and Pakistan that advances literacy and increases access to secondary, particularly for women and children.
Barakat´s work is concentrated in Pakistan and Afghanistan. It has a strong presence in India. Barakat believes that education is a fundamental human right, and continues its mission to provide schooling and literacy programs for marginalized, poor, and refugee communities, especially for girls and women.
• Provide merit-based scholarships for higher education for school and university education
• Open school libraries and computer labs
• Two parent-teacher meetings during the year, one for women and one for men. During the PTA sessions, women will be provided a free health check-up as an incentive to promote participation
• Expand school campus and increase infrastructure
• Provide regular teacher training and refresher courses, with an emphasis on creative and interactive teaching techniques
• Increase student enrollment and hire new teachers accordingly
• Increasing subjects offered in each grade until capacity
• Increase Secondary Education courses beyong English, Math, Science and Computer Science
• Providing classes after school and during the summer to students who need extra help with schoolwork
• Five co-ed Schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan
• Literacy Programs in Afghanistan aimed at girls and women
• Teacher Training for Human Rights in Afghanistan
• Scholarship Programs for Girls in Afghanistan and Paksitan
• Health/medical services for students in Afghanistan
• Campus Outreach Programs in Boston
Angha Childress is the Executive Director of Barakat, Inc..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.