Psychosoziales Zentrum für Flüchtlinge Düsseldorf e.V. (PSZ)
Hilfe für Überlebende von Folter, Krieg, GewaltBenrather Straße 7
|Telefon:||+49 (0)211 544 173 22|
|Telefax:||+49 (0)211 544 173 20|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
The PSZ - The Düsseldorf Psychosocial Centre for Refugees – was founded in 1986 and is recognised as a non-profit organisation. Since 1987, the Düsseldorf Psychosocial Centre for Refugees has been offering psychotherapy, counselling, group-work and social work for traumatised refugees and victims of torture as well as providing further training and advice for qualified and volunteer staff in health and social areas.
• The PSZ Düsseldorf is an advice and therapy facility for traumatised and mentally stressed refugees. We support approximately 400 such people from over 40 different countries each year.
• The need, however, is greater. In order to improve the care of all the refugees, the PSZ provides courses for qualified and volunteer staff in health, social and youth areas, with the emphasis on trauma, culture and problems specific to asylum seekers.
• Security is a human right, and is fundamental to healing. For this reason, the PSZ protects the refugees in dealing with the public and with authorities.
• Place of mourning: a place of mourning for people of every country, culture and religion who are unable to mourn their dead in situ. Creating a place of mourning which shows respect, where people with various cultural and religious needs and personal burdens can go to express their grief in an appropriate fashion. Such a place cannot be bound by a particular religion, but must be open to all religious needs.
• AVEGA in the PSZ: The board and staff of the PSZ Düsseldorf support the Rwandan widows organisation AVEGA, which was founded by Esther Mujawayo-Keiner, our colleague and member of the psychosocial staff. We publicise this work as well as we are able, and particularly support Esther's campaign “A cow for every widow”.
Annette Windgasse is the manager and spokesperson of the PSZ.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.