Tatarisch-baschkirischer Kulturverein e.V. (TBKV)Schoenfliesser Str. 7,
|Contact person:||Rais Khalilov|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Commune, community project
- Media project
The non-profit organisation “The Berlin Tatar and Bashkirian Culture Society” has been in existence since 1999, its aim being to create a cultural and social network for Tatars and Bashkirians living in Germany. It works for the preservation of Tatar and Bashkirian culture and traditions.
• The numerous activities of the society include exhibitions, concerts, talks and radio programmes with society members, among whom are many artists and academics.
• The society publishes the magazine “Bertugan” (kinsmen and women) in which literary and journalistic contributions, as well as ones dealing with the humanities are published. There is also the series “Between Orient and Occident” which publishes literary, journalistic and humanities articles, as well.
• Meetings with fellow countrymen and having parties together, such as for the national festival “Sabatuj” (ploughing) are also included in the activities of Tatars and Bashkirians living in Germany.
• The society produces an online newspaper “Bashkiria Today”, to be found at http://www.baschkirienheute.de/.
Rais Khalilov is the President of the Berlin Tatar and Bashkirian Culture Society.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.