Alzheimer Initiative Rheinland-Pfalz e.V.Breite Strasse 9
|Teléfono:||+49 (0)6131 - 943340|
|Dirección de Internet:||http://www.alzheimer-initiative-rheinland-pfalz.de|
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
- Organización de apoyo
- Política / Proyecto de educación
- Política social/Discapacitados
The Rheinland-Pfalz Alzheimer Initiative (Self-Help Dementia), based in Mainz, was founded in 2001. It is a network of the relatives of sufferers, volunteer helpers, doctors and others, who all wish to improve the care of patients with dementia and their families.
• monthly meeting of the self-help group: the aim of the group meetings is the exchange of experiences with others who are affected. Everyone is confronted with problems, often similar ones, so that they understand what others are going through and can offer mutual support and help.
• The evening group – supervision: trained volunteer helpers take care of manageable groups of dementia sufferers at this time. They sing, talk, and have a good evening meal.
• Informative talks on the subject of dementia and care: a series of instructive talks on dementia, offered free of charge by the Rheinland-Pfalz Alzheimer Initiative..
• Placement of our trained volunteers (recognised by the state of Rheinland-Pfalz) to give respite care and relieve the strain on home carers.
• Further training for volunteers, home carers and qualified staff.
• Free advice on relevant topics: categorising the degree of handicap, dealing with day-to-day care, useful aids etc.
• Memory café: the memory café afternoons are social events with a theme (eg Easter, customs etc.) Singing together, a short exercise unit, coffee and cakes as well as talking about earlier experiences are always part of the programme.
Bettina Ostermann-Vogt is the contact person for the Rheinland-Pfalz Alzheimer Initiative.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.