Sdružení Podané ruceFrancouzská 36
602 00 Brno
|Telefon:||+420 545 247 535; +420 777 916 285|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
The Association Podané ruce is a non-governmental organization whose mission is to help people solve their drug-related problems. The objective of the Association is to prevent this problem and to protect the society from potential negative consequences of habit-forming substances abuse.
Coming into existence as a "secret", spontaneous and informal group operating on the principle of self-help. Some of the group members had their own history of drug abuse. This mutual help initially took place in a house in Brno but the group had to organise meetings at a number of different flats, as they were being watched and interrogated by STB secret police. The group´s first activities were mainly supported by the Catholic Church.
Establishment of the foundation Nadace Podané ruce in 1991 and official registration of Association Sdružení Podané ruce in 1994.
Programs and Care
• Drop-in Centers: The Association Podané ruce, o.s., operates 5 drop-in centres in 3 regions of the Czech Republic. The low-threshold facilities are situated in the South Moravia, Zlín and Olomouc regions.
• Outreach Programs: Outreach programs are a service of reaching out actively to drug users in their natural environment. They provide basic on-the-spot counseling and assistance, and mediate to other services (medical aid, drop-in centers, health treatment facilities, substitution program). In effect, the service is free of charge.
• Primary Prevention Centers: Primary drug prevention centers are intended primarily for children and young people. With those who don´t take drugs, they strive to keep them stay away, and with those who are about to start drugging, to make them stop.
• Drug Services in Prison: Services are focused on attacking the drug problem of imprisoned clients, or clients at conflict with the law.
• Outpatients Psychiatric Centre, Brno: The Psychiatric Office of Association Podané ruce is a medical outpatient´s facility. It is managed by a professional attested doctor-psychiatrist; it is situated in the building of the Elysium day care centre.
• Eikón - Icon Production and Sale: The protected workshop of Association Podané ruce, o.s., where wood icons are made.
• Low-threshold Clubs: The mission is to motivate and to support children and young people to active approach in solving personal situations, particularly in adolescence, to provide social service and available offer of free-time activities.
• Passage - Employment and social agency, Brno
• Project - Breaking the Circle in Afghanistan: In 2004, the "Breaking the Circle" project started to be implemented in Afghanistan. It aimed at helping to develop services for drug addicts. The project, co-funded by the European Union, was realized by the Association Podané ruce in co-operation with other NGOs.
Helena Rampachova is the Deputy Director of Organizing of the Association Podané ruce.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.