Association of Women for Awareness and Motivation (AWAM)Street No.9, Block-D, Barkatpura
|Contact person:||Nazia Sardar|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Human rights
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Women's policy
Association of Women for Awareness and Motivation (AWAM) is an independent, voluntary, non-government organization, which was established in August 2006 and subsequently was registered on 30th October 2007, with its main office in Faisalabad.
The organization was formed by a group of womens rights activists with shared vision towards building a just and peaceful society free of any kind of discrimination and violence based on gender, disability, class and faith.
AWAM is working for the promotion and protection of human rights of women particularly women with disabilities and women workers.
Aims and Objectives
• To undertake advocacy efforts for the recognition of the rights of marginalized sections of women by government authorities, sensitization of stakeholders about women related issues, and observance of the implementation of the laws and policies for improvement in the state of women´s rights;
• To take initiatives to meet the un-tackled needs and problems of women and empower them for playing their role in practical politics & policy making regarding social issues and structures based on democratic norms and values;
• To assist legally to deserving women for ensuring women´s access to justice, and invite the media attention to the need to emphasizing the status of family, and to highlight women positive image and role in community development;
• To extend awareness and motivational endeavors to empower women for their role in peace building and conflict resolution;
• Program for the Rights of Women with Disabilities
• Program for the Rights of Working Women
• Program for Democratic and Human Rights Education
• Demonstrations and Rallies
Nazia Sardar is the Director of the Association of Women for Awareness and Motivation (AWAM).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.