Förderkreis Umwelt und Naturschutz Hondelage e.V. (fun)Wilhelmshöhe 14
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)5309 1594; +49 (0)151 50 50 78 53|
|Contact person:||Bernd Hoppe-Dominik|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Environmental project
- Environmental organization
The members of the Hondelage BUND group founded the Society for the Promotion of Environmental Protection, Hondelage (fun) in 1991. It is a non profit organisation, which gives legal and financial support for the work of the Society in protecting nature and the environment.
Our main aim is: nature protection on the doorstep – preserve and establish habitats for our native animals and plants.
• Reclamation and restoration of ponds and ditches,
• Planting trees and shrubs,
• Laying out managed grassland with fruit trees,
• Recording animal and plant species in Hondelage,
• Amphibian protection activities,
• Running a school Nature Conservancy Club,
• Creating near-natural biotopes,
• Talks and guided tours,
• Contributing to planning processes,
• fun data bank: this draws together information about nature and the protection of the environment and makes it available to anyone interested.
• Enjoy Blue Violet: with this project, fun wants to cheer up dreary green areas by bringing in more colour, thus increasing the quality of life, work and living spaces.
• Children study the woods, fields and meadows: this project was initiated by fun and developed in partnership with the Education Department of the Institute of Pedagogy of the Braunschweig University of Technology.
• Farmers, shepherds and monks: witnesses of our cultural heritage in the countryside round Hondelage: looking for clues round Hondelage, a village near the town of Braunschweig.
• Local climate project in Braunschweig CO2 - neutral flying = support the project "Just for fun".
• Let trees get very old: fun campaigns for the preservation of old trees in the Braunschweig woodlands.
• Experience nature – geopoint: the history of the Earth brought to life: in an information lodge, the formation of the Hondelage Jura Trough is explained in detail and information is given about the inhabitants of the ancient sea 175 million years ago.
• Experience nature – forest nature trail.
Bernd Hoppe-Dominik is on the committee of fun (Society for the Promotion of Environmental Protection, Hondelage)
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.