GfBK - Gesellschaft für Biologische Krebsabwehr e. V.Voßstr. 3
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)6221 - 138020|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)6221 - 1380220|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
The Society for Biological Cancer Control (GfBK) is an independent, non-profit organisation which supports cancer patients, their relatives and therapists. The GfBK was founded in 1982. It is the central contact point for patients, their relatives and doctors, where they can obtain independent, in-depth information about the possibilities and limits of school and complementary medicine.
• Independent information and advice for patients, their relatives and therapists about the possibilities of complementary, biological cancer treatment.
• Advancement of an individual, humane cancer therapy having regard for naturopathic methods.
• Assistance for cancer patients in finding a personal, holistic cure, increasing the patients' expertise.
• Support for sufferers and their families in questions of reimbursement of costs related to biological cancer treatment.
• Financial support for research projects in complementary cancer therapies.
• Telephone counselling: callers are connected to the main Advisory Centre in Heidelberg. They get comprehensive information on organisational questions and help in the selection of informational literature. They are given the contact details of other institutions and advice centres as well as of our medical advice service.
• Medical advice: our doctors give individual guidance and assistance in decision-making. They help in the evaluation of the various approaches to the treatment of cancer. The following methods are available: doctor's advice by telephone; personal consultation; written questions to our advice service (email, post or fax).
• Informative publications: our brochures and leaflets offer patients, their families and other interested parties in-depth advice and suggestions.
• “Impulse” – our notification sheet
• Information events, talks, courses, seminars, congresses.
Dr.med. György Irmey is the Medical Director of the Society of Biological Cancer Control (GfBK).
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.