Institute for Cultural Diplomacy ICDGenthiner Straße 20
|Phone No.:||+49(0)30 2360 7680|
|Fax No.:||+49(0)30 2360 76811|
|Contact person:||Mark Donfried|
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
- Peace politics
Founded in 1999, the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD) is an international, not-for-profit, non-governmental organization with headquarters in Berlin, Germany.
The ICD´s ultimate goal is to promote global peace and stability by strengthening and supporting intercultural relations at all levels. Over the past decade the ICD has grown to become one of Europe´s largest independent cultural exchange organizations, hosting programs that facilitate interaction among individuals of all cultural, academic, and professional backgrounds, from across the world.
ICD´s Role & Mission
The major objectives of the ICD are to extend current research, programs and practices in the field of cultural diplomacy and create a platform to promote and sustain inter-cultural dialogue at all levels. The ICD sees the role of researching, promoting and developing the field of cultural diplomacy as an integral part of its mission.
ICD programs can be split into four distinct categories:
• The Academy for Cultural Diplomacy: The Academy for Cultural Diplomacy is the academic department within the ICD that works to analyze and raise awareness of the practice of cultural diplomacy by governments and non-state actors, and to explore new strategies for the strengthening of intercultural relations in general.
• ICD Thematic Programs: Thematic Programs are programs that focus on a specific political, cultural, or economic issue, or that concentrate on a particular geographical region or area. Each thematic program will include a variety of activity based on that theme, ranging from conferences and events to individual panel discussions and exhibitions.
• ICD Young Leaders Forums: Young Leaders Forums are international networks of like-minded individuals with an interest in strengthening intercultural relations either within a particular region or country, or between regions and countries.
• ICD Human Rights Initiatives: The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy is committed to the ongoing struggle to ensure that basic human rights standards throughout the world are met. It is our belief that the implementation of such universal standards is a necessary step on the path towards global peace and stability.
Mark Donfried is the General Director & Founder of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of Cultural Diplomacy.