Fachstelle für interkulturelle Bildung und Beratung FiBB e.V.Landsbergerstr. 63
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)228-660464; +49 (0)15779705275|
|Contact person:||Marlies Wehner|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Educational policy/project
FiBB – Centre for Cross-Cultural Education and Advice – is an association of experts with and without an immigrant background. We have been working on cross-cultural education and unprejudiced learning and working – from a practical and scientific point of view - for many years. Inclusion is at the centre of our work. Taking an approach which is aware of prejudice focusses on the various facets of diversity.
These principles are the basis of our activities and projects:
• Practising and publicising work which bears prejudice in mind - in education and upbringing, in everyday social life.
• Sensitisation to imbalances in society and the way one can change them.
• Inclusion of everyone – no matter what language, religion, appearance, gender, sexual preference, socio-economic status, age, cultural imprint and origins, physical and mental condition.
• Recognition of global diversity and the creation of cooperative work on equal terms, based on fair behavioural forms and structures.
• skilled in cross-cultural inter-religious affairs
• multi-lingual – Arabic, Dari, English, Farsi, French, Hindi, Dutch, Russian, Turkish.
• experienced in the methods of anti-bias and social justice approaches as well as with the concept of global learning with north-south equality.
• qualified in the following subjects: upbringing, social science, graphics, publicity, media education, computer studies, art education, dance, psychosocial family counselling, parental education, language multilingualism, project management.
FiBB Seminars, Workshops and Material:
• Anti-bias training for specific target groups
• Development and production of educational materials in different languages and for different target groups
• Flyer in Arabic for parents, on the subject of media education and media competence. In addition, a website for parents in Arabic and on the same topic has been developed. Training and accompanying education teams and groups of parents in cross-cultural receptiveness and awareness of prejudice.
• Workshops to strengthen children and young people
• Cross-cultural and inter-religious counselling
• Counselling people with immigration backgrounds in psycho-social crisis situations.
• Bilingual (German, Arabic) internet and computer courses to improve the participation of people with an immigration background.
• Bilingual (German, Arabic) media education parents' evenings.
Marlies Wehner is on the Committee of FiBB.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.