Institute for International Voluntary WorkLinhartova 13
|Phone No.:||+386 1 2391 623; +386 1 2391 625|
|Fax No.:||+386 1 2391 626|
|Contact person:||Urska Hartman|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Zavod Voluntariat is a non-profit and non-governmental organization, established in 1991. Voluntariat organizes international voluntary camps and other voluntary work activities with an aim to provide assistance and additional programmes on social inclusion, environmental protection and other activities that actors, such as profit organizations and the state, do not provide.
Voluntariat aims to promote social justice, sustainable development, international understanding and solidarity, through voluntary service. We consider international voluntary work as a useful tool for personal growth of individuals, promotion of social justice, intercultural learning and education for peace and tolerance.
Voluntariat is a member of world-wide international organization and peace movement Service Civil International (SCI), including more than 70 partner organizations organizing international voluntary projects and other activities all over the globe.
Zavod Voluntariat is self sustainable organization, funds are raised from local, state and EU funds.
• Organizing and managing international volunteer projects focusing on solidarity, global justice, multiculturalism, human rights, nature conservation, peace education, culture, help to disadvantaged, etc.
• Organizing trainings for volunteers and wider public in order to spread understanding of ideas of voluntary work, global education, multiculturalism etc.
• Raising public awareness on human rights, equality, etc. through different campaigns and actions using different tools (seminars, round tables, street actions, media, cultural events etc.)
• Joining international actions that promote co-operation among various nations, cultures, political beliefs etc
• International exchange of volunteers: Through different networks for international voluntary work we send from 100 - 2000 volunteers per year to over 50 hosting organisations in Europe, North and Latin America, Asia and Australia.
• International projects of voluntary work: Every year we support between 5 - 10 international work camps in Slovenia. From 1991 until today more than 200 work camps took place.
• Seminars, trainings and education: Voluntariat regularly organizes introduction seminars for volunteers and many different trainings for project leaders.
Urška Hartman is the Acting Director of Zavod Voluntariat.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.