MedWish International17325 Euclid Ave., The Cleveland Clinic Parker Building
Ohio 44112 Cleveland
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Organisation de l'environnement
MedWish International is a Cleveland-based nonprofit organization that recovers usable medical surplus from health care systems and distributes these vital supplies to doctors, nurses and humanitarians to improve health care around the world. Since its founding in 1993, MedWish has kept more than 3 million pounds of medical surplus out of landfills and has sent much-needed supplies to more than 90 countries all over the world.
MedWish International is committed to repurposing medical supplies and equipment discarded by the healthcare industry with the objectives of providing humanitarian aid in developing countries to save lives and reducing waste to save our environment.
MedWish International provides donated medical supplies to individuals and organizations dedicated to providing care that directly lessens the burden of suffering people in under-served areas regardless of religious or political affiliation. Medical supplies and equipment provided by MedWish International may not be sold.
What we do:
• Recover: MedWish works with a range of partners to recover medical surplus hospitals can no longer use. To date, MedWish has recovered more than 2.2 million pounds of medical surplus from over 50 hospitals in the U.S. In 2011, MedWish diverted more than 500,000 pounds of usable medical surplus from disposal, keeping these lifesaving items out of landfills and putting them in the hands of people in need across the globe.
• Repurpose: U.S. hospitals generate more than 5.9 million tons of medical waste each year. Much of that waste is unused medical supplies and equipment. Our Humanitarian Aid Program distributes the medical surplus we recover. MedWish promotes better health and saved lives for countless patients while also promoting environmental stewardship in our community. It´s a simple, yet extraordinarily important process.
• Redistribute: Potential recipients must complete our online application process to request medical humanitarian aid. MedWish then builds a customized order based on a needs assessment. MedWish fulfills orders of all sizes – from small boxes to 40´ cargo containers, and works with recipients to help these shipments reach their final destinations across the world. The medical surplus we send overseas promotes healthier communities and also saves lives. Because these items are not in landfills, we are helping to keep the planet healthier, too.
Josh Kravitz is the Executive Director of MedWish International.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.