NARUD e. V. Network for African rural and urban development
NRO für Integration und nachhaltige EntwicklungGenterstr. 7
|Phone No.:||+49 (0) 30 - 91 51 54 16, +49 (0) 176 - 88 07 40 39|
|Contact person:||Aziz Lamere|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Educational policy/project
- Aid organization
NARUD (Network for African Rural and Urban Development), founded in 2005, would like to encourage Africans living in Germany to take part in the development of our society. People of African origin have to identify with the place where they are living before Germany really becomes their new homeland. Nevertheless, they strive to maintain their African culture and values in the long term. If this culture is shared with their German neighbours, and communication strengthened, both sides can benefit.
A further aim of our organisation is to win over the German public and the African diaspora to support the UNO millennium goals.
• Cooperative development work
• Furthering integration
• International understanding
• Education sponsors in Sprengelkiez, Berlin
• Intercultural football championship
• North/South and South/South exports: Narud has been working for a long time on waste disposal by industrial countries disguised as exports to Third World and emerging countries.
• Education network in Sprengelkiez: the primary aim of the project is the raising of language and education levels in Kiez.
• Help for migrants in Kiez to obtain employment.
• EIF-Project: helping particularly disadvantaged female migrants in Berlin to be integrated into the employment market, by building up a networking service between unemployed female migrants and employers in the region and offers from occupational agencies.
• Hospital mosque, working together with AMK Berlin in Africa (Cameroon)
• Education in development policies. Series of talks “Your neighbours from Africa”.
Aziz Lamere is the Project Leader of NARUD.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.