Centre for Environmental Management and Participatory Development (CEMPD)HB-150/Sector-III, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata-700 106, West Bengal
|Telefon:||+91 (0)33 23585832|
|Telefax:||+91 (0)33 23585832|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Projet d'environnement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Organisation d'aide
Centre for Environmental Management and Participatory Development (CEMPD) started its career in 2002 as an independent, non-profit, public interest organization focused on community-centric participatory environmental management.
It aspires to actively associate itself with the management of real-life local environmental issues and problems, and to contribute effectively to relevant contemporary researches in the fields of regional/local environmental management closely linked to social sector development and community-based people´s initiatives.
CEMPD has been engaged in:
• Conducting action research in the broad field of environmental management with special focus on natural resources (eg. water, agriculture, soil, air etc.) planning, conservation, and management
• Arranging and organizing lectures, debates, discussions, seminars, workshops and excursions for the diffusion of knowledge in the field of environmental management and local development
• Carrying out results-oriented research activities in cognate areas of social, economic, gender, and public health aspects of social development
• Publishing useful literatures, magazines, newsletters etc. related to environmental management problems
• Promotion of cultural, scientific and technical education for enhancing popular understanding of major environmental issues
• Undertaking training for interested students and research workers in computer-based geo-informatics including techniques of Remote Sensing
• Developing software tools (eg. PCI Geomatica, ERDAS IMAGINE, TNT mips, SPSS) for geo-scientific work and research
• Collaborating with national and international academic and research institutions in the field of environmental studies and management
• Supporting philanthropic activities in the field of environmental management, and facilitating environment-related public programmes for people´s (including gender) empowerment and participation
• Enhancing local institutional capacity to cope with local eco-friendly socio-economic development
• Receiving donations and subscriptions for the purpose of conducting the multivarious activities of CEMPD
• Engaging in all such acts, deeds, matters and things as may be deemed incidental or conducive to the foregoing objectives
Bhaskar Mitra is the Secretary of the Centre for Environmental Management and Participatory Development (CEMPD).