Global Nomads Group (GNG)132 Nassau Street, Suite 822
NY 10038 New York
|Phone No.:||+1 212.529.0377 ; 646.285.8815|
|Fax No.:||+1 917.591.6232|
|Contact person:||Molly Levine|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Media project
Global Nomads Group (GNG), founded in 1998, is an international NGO whose mission is to foster dialogue and understanding among the world´s youth. GNG engages and empowers young people worldwide using media, including: interactive videoconferencing, webcasting, social networking, gaming, and participatory filmmaking. GNG operates at the intersection of international and peace education, striving to serve as a vehicle for awareness, bridging the boundaries of cultural misconceptions and instilling in our audience a heightened appreciation and comprehension of the world in which they live.
Global Nomads Group´s curriculum-based educational methodology is based on four C´s – Connect, Collaborate, Create and Change.
• Connect: Link young people together with peers within their communities and beyond their borders.
• Collaborate: Support students to work together on projects and engage in discussions about issues relevant to their lives.
• Create: Assist students in creating media projects so that they can put into practice the skills developed through their cross-cultural exchanges.
• Change: Inspire students to promote and act as the change they want to see in their communities.
GNG offers two types of signature, interactive programs:
Pulse Programs on Global Issues: Virtual, town hall meetings designed to give students a forum to deliberate some of the most challenging issues of our time.
Yearlong International Programs: Our year-long, project based, programs vary in region and focus.
• Youth Talk: Youth Talk is a dynamic yearlong virtual exchange program designed to foster mutual understanding among young people in the United States and the Middle East and North Africa.
• Global Citizens in Action - US-Afghan Virtual Exchange: Youth LINKS (Youth Leadership through Networking and Knowledge Sharing) offers educators and students in the US and Afghanistan a dynamic educational and collaborative platform to engage in dialogue and learning on topics of cultural exchange, media literacy and civic engagement. In partnership,
• Connecting Cultures, Exploring Science - Road to Doha: Qatar Foundation International and Global Nomads Group are launching a year-long collaborative science-based classroom program. This program engages students in Qatar, U.S., and Brazil around the climate change debate through exploring critical environmental issues via project-based learning that includes standards-based curriculum, hands-on collaboration, and virtual exchanges.
Molly Levine is the Communications Manager of Global Nomads Group (GNG).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.