Turkey Vulture Society, Inc.2327 Polksville Road
|Contact person:||Bill Lynch|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Environmental organization
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
One of the most ubiquitous figures in North American skies, there is nevertheless very little understanding of the turkey vulture (Cathartes aura). Scientific knowledge of the Turkey Vulture is also limited. A number of studies have been conducted but there is much yet to learn about this unique bird.
After several years of discussion and planning, a group of interested individuals organized in 1994 The Turkey Vulture Society as a registered, scientific, not-for-profit corporation.
Its purpose is:
• to promote scientific study of the life habits and needs of the Turkey Vulture,
• to protect the vulture and its habitat, and
• to inform the public of the valuable and essential services this bird provides to us and to the environment.
• The library of the Turkey Vulture Society is maintained at our new corporate headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia. It consists of books, papers, reports, clippings, magazine articles, and computer information. The emphasis is on material related to the Turkey Vulture and other New World Vultures.
• In the Turkey Vulture Society Store you can adopt a Turkey Vulture by sponsoring and naming a turkey in rehabilitation or you can buy a scale Turkey Vulture mobile kit or books, shirts, etc with the Turkey Vulture Society Logo.
• Turkey Vulture Society Newsletter
• Educational materials
• Information materials: The roost problems pamphlet contains all the information available from our site on how to mitigate challenges with vultures roosting on or near human-used structures.
Bill Lynch is the President of the Turkey Vulture Society.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.