Green HomeDalmatinska 78
81 000 Podgorica
|Phone No.:||+382 20 609 375; +382 67 605 060|
|Fax No.:||+382 20 609 375|
|Contact person:||Natasa Kovacevic|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Environmental organization
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
NGO Green Home was founded by graduated students of biology science in 2000 as a non-governmental, non-profit and non-political organization. The organization appeared from the need for participation of great number of citizens in protection and conservation of environment, as well as taking an active role in civil society development through respect for biodiversity and efforts on sustainable development.
The aim of the organization is environmental preservation and protection, biodiversity conservation and implementation of the sustainable development principles.
Our work is divided into four programmes:
• Education and Capacity Building
• Public Advocacy
Fields of work:
• biodiversity, freshwater and wetlands,
• sustainable use of resources,
• energy and green technologies,
• recycling, pollution and waste management,
• ecotourism and sustainable development at local, national and mediterranean level.
• Respect of the principles of Ecological State in energy sector: The project aim is to raise awareness of public and decision makers on the principles of sustainable use of natural resources and the manner of their implementation through planned strategic documents and projects in the energy sector.
• Finding right solution for sustainable hydro power: The overall aim is improvement in planning and developing of HP projects using best practices and experiences gathered in previous plans and projects
• Travelling to Europe: One goal is the popularization of values and ideas of EU.
• Performing the Integrated Environmental Management Plan - EMA Plan: The overall objective is to establish an environmental management plan and monitoring programme contributing to conservative management and sustainable development of an important natural heritage area such as the Shkodra Lake ecosystem.
• AHVN - Adriatic Health and Vitality Network: to stimulate sustainable health tourism, spa & wellness tourism, and active lifestyles tourism.
• Dinaric Arc Sustainable Hydropower Initiative: The aim of the project is ensuring the conservation of priority habitats in the Dinaric Arc and to preserve them from destruction within the hydropower development.
Natasa Kovacevic is the Programme coordinator for Environmental Protection of Green Home.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.