Red Feather Development Group (RFDG)PO Box 907
MT 59771 Bozeman
|Telefon:||+1 (406) 585-7188|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
Red Feather Development Group (Red Feather) was founded in 1995 by Robert Young to address the fact that of the 2.5 million tribal members living on American Indian reservations, more than 60% percent lack adequate housing conditions (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development). Young first learned about this issue after reading an article about elders on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota freezing to death in winter, due to severely inadequate housing conditions.
Red Feather´s Vision
We envision a world where safe housing is available to all and people are inspired to work collectively to create self-sustaining communities.
Red Feather´s Mission
Red Feather Development Group partners with American Indian nations to develop and implement sustainable solutions to the housing needs within their communities.
American Indian Sustainable Housing Initiative: This program combines community outreach with hands-on, volunteer friendly straw bale home construction, as a feasible means for communities to use their own resources to improve housing.
Red Feather homes are completed in four to five weeks, and each build is a training site for individuals to learn about construction practices utilizing three educational components, comprised of:
• Red Feather´s Straw Bale Construction emphasis, which promotes a construction technique focused on economic and environmental sustainability;
• The Solar Energy Initiative, which brings energy efficiency and long-term affordability to the homes we build;
• the Indigenous Builders Exchange, which provides paid training for American Indians from our partner communities to learn and utilize construction skills.
Molly McCabe is the Executive Director of the Red Feather Development Group.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.