Nature SeychellesP.O. Box 1310, Roche Caiman, Victoria
|Phone No.:||+ 248 4601100; +248 4601126|
|Fax No.:||+ 248 4601102|
|Contact person:||Liz Mwambui|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Environmental organization
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
Nature Seychelles, a leading environmental NGO in the Western Indian Ocean, founded in 1998, is a dynamic independent organization involved in a wide range of conservation activities.
The primary objective of Nature Seychelles according to its statutes is to improve the conservation of biodiversity through scientific, management, educational and training programmes.
To achieve the above primary objective the Nature Seychelles has the following sub-objectives:
• To study, research and assess the status of biodiversity
• To manage areas important for conservation
• To seek ways and means to assist official efforts for management and conservation of biodiversity
• To increase and propagate scientific knowledge of biodiversity and educate the public
• To implement relevant training programs
• To fund-raise for conservation programmes
• To promote partnership/ cooperation between like-minded individuals and organisations
The Association shall achieve its objectives through affiliations, amongst others, with individuals as well as local, national, regional and international institutions engaged in the process of environmental conservation.
What we do
• Island Ecosystem Restoration
• Protected Area Management
• Marine Turtle Monitoring Programme
• Regional and International Linkages
• Capacity Development
• Education, Awareness and Advocacy Programme
• Nature Seychelles Science Programme
• Regional Seabird Monitoring Project: Seabirds as bio-indicators of tropical marine ecosystems
• Improving Management (GEF) Project
Liz Mwambui is the Communications Manager of Nature Seychelles.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.