Power for Peace (PfP) e. V.,Postfach 201643
|Telefon:||+49 (0)8158 / 993872|
|Telefax:||+49 (0)8158 / 993871|
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Antiracisme, politique d'integration
- Politique de la paix
Power for Peace (PfP), founded in 1995, is a recognised private agency for youth aid. PfP develops, tests and evaluates education programs and runs qualification and training schemes.
The organisation is democratic, humanistic, based on the ideology of human rights, is non-partisan, non-denominational and non profit-making. The organisation is an association of people wishing to devote themselves to its aims. Our overriding mission is to foster the individual`s ability to find non-violent means to overcome conflicts.
We offer social training schemes for juveniles and young adults as well as running further education classes for teachers and providing information opportunities for parents.
Power for Peace works together with schools, youth facilities, prisons, government ministries, associations and institutions of further education.
PfP helps children, juveniles and young adults to escape from negative stress and conflict situations, to gain control over their own lives (again), so that they can be self-determining and responsible.
Based on the above, there are the following secondary objectives:
• Fostering personality development within a group, thus giving the young people a feeling of power and control over their own lives.
• Fostering personal orientation and autonomy by positive motivation and recognition.
• Working together to train positive behaviour
• Fostering constructive communication and cooperation.
• CAT – Creative and Active Training: training in social and emotional competence for a strong youth in the global community. The social training measures each consist of a basic course, an advanced and trainers` course and units for reflection and coaching.
• CHANGE! Prevention Programme: CHANGE! is an education programme for boys and young men promoting non violence, tolerance and democracy and combatting xenophobia.
• CAMPS: competence training in the Italian mountains for disadvantaged youths and young adults. Social and emotional skills are developed and intensively trained.
• ® RST – Resource-oriented social training: an additional qualification as social competence trainer.
• Further education: social learning requires life skills. Further education course for teachers and youth workers.
Ellen M. Zitzmann is the founder and President of Power for Peace (PfP).
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation and provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.