United Action for Children (UAC)P. O. Box 177
|Phone No.:||+237 77720418; +237 97858394|
|Fax No.:||+237 3322769|
|Contact person:||Orock Thomas Eyong|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
United Action for Children (UAC) is a Non-Governmental Organisation based in Buea, South West Province, Cameroon.
UAC is a non-profit, philanthropic, and non-political organisation and it commits itself to the development of a caring society for children and young people.
The organisation was created in 1996 in response to concerns about children`s education and development in the South West Province.
Our mission is creating a caring and sustaining environment for children and young people through innovative programs
UAC`s primary goal is to develop a caring society for children and young people using innovative programs.
The Organisation`s growth and activities are shaped by the following objectives:
• To offer a secure and stable environment for children and youths.
• To help parents and teachers take an active role in child development.
• To help rectify problems existing in the local educational system.
• To address the issue of school dropout and failure.
• To introduce an alternative approach to education in Cameroon.
• To provide good quality and affordable nursery and primary education.
• To prevent rural exodus by building a strong community.
•Primary Education Program: Jamadianle School; Remedial Reading Programme; One child, One Chicken/Tree Programme; School on wheels project
• Vocational Training: (UAC) established a Vocational Training Centre to provide disadvantaged street- and rural youth with skills they can use to find work. Currently, the program includes training in woodwork, painting, and electricity.
• Computer Training: UAC instituted a highly successful computer-training centre. Currently, UAC´s dedicated staff run two types of courses: software and hardware.
• Livelihood Project: Snail Farms; Public Health Project; Demonstration farm; Health and Wellbeing Project; Oil Press Project
Orock Thomas Eyong is the Project Coordinator of United Action for Children (UAC).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.