Jewish Action for a Just WorldPlatinum House, Gabriel Mews
London, NW2 2GD
|Telefon:||+44 (0)20 3603 8120|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
Tzedek, founded in 1990, is a voluntarily led Non-Governmental Organisation that draws upon the skills and resources of the Jewish Community to better the lives of those less fortunate. We seek to raise awareness, educate and encourage Jews to recognise, understand and act on their Jewish responsibilities concerning extreme poverty around the world.
Tzedek is the UK Jewish community´s response to global poverty. We work in three main ways:
• Overseas projects: Tzedek provides financial support to sustainable self-help development projects in some of the poorest communities in the world, regardless of race or religion.
• Education and campaigning: Tzedek runs the Jewish Global Citizenship Project in Jewish schools and also a series of sessions for adults on international development and Jewish responsibility.
• Overseas Volunteer programmes: Tzedek’s Overseas Volunteer Programme sends resourceful volunteers to learn about and assist our overseas partners for two months every summer.
Tzedek works with some of the poorest communities of the world. We provide direct support to sustainable self-help grass roots development projects for the relief and elimination of poverty. Tzedek currently has 20 project partners in Africa and India. Current projects:
• Grameena Vikasa Seva Sangham (GVSS): Vocational training for women in income generating activities in India.
• Setting Development and Keeping the Foundation (SDKF): Vocational training in Tailoring and Design Trading in the Kawempe Division of Kampala, Uganda
• Bureau of Rural, Economical & Agricultural Development (BREAD): Training 120 school drop-outs in vocational trades, Bihar, India
• Stri Shakti: Providing micro-loans for women with small businesses and supporting girls´ education
• Sustainable Livelihoods International (SLINT): Kiyuni Fruit and Vegetable Growing for Sustainable Livelihoods project
• AFPDE (Association des Femmes pour la Promotion et le Developpement Endogene): Micro-credit Project In Support of Women Survivors of Sexual Violence
• Association for Welfare Activities for Rural Development (AWARD): Tailoring & Embroidery Skill Training for Sex Workers
• Social Education and Environmental Development Scheme (SEEDS) Trust: Vocational training in broom making and training in marketing
Steve Miller is the Chairman of Tzedek.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.