Madaripur Legal Aid Association
MLAAPost Box 09, New Town
|Phone No.:||+880 661-61518, +880 661-61186|
|Fax No.:||+880 661-61186|
|E-mail adress:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact person:||Fazlul Huq|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
- Women's policy
The Madaripur Legal Aid Association (MLAA) was established in March 1978 and is a registered NGO with the vision of a just society where rule of law and human rights are upheld.
MLAA strives to ensure access to justice and human rights for all people irrespective of sex, cast, creed, religion, race through informal justice process and formal justice system.
The Main Objective of MLAA is the access to justice increased empowerment of disadvantaged people, particularly women & children:
• by widening access to formal judiciary ;
• by promoting effective judicial system of local government;
• by contributing to establish of the rule of law and human rights culture in Bangladesh;
• by raising awareness among NGO workers, students, teachers as well general citizens on human rights.
• by ensuring institutionalization of alternative dispute resolution through dissemination and replication of Madaripur Mediation Model;
• by ensuring access to justice and human rights for the poor people through policy advocacy;
• through advocating for reforms of law, legal system to make it more systematic, dynamic and acceptable; and
• by providing support to the vulnerable people in case of natural and climate related disasters with an aim to fulfill Human Rights obligation to uphold right to life.
• Provide Free Legal Aid Services
• Dispute resolution through Mediation
• Activating UP judicial system (Village Court & Arbitration Council)
• Advocacy and Networking
• Disaster Management
• Institutional capacity building through training programs in the Training and Resource Center (TARC) of MLAA
• Capacity building of different Stakeholders
• Monitoring & Evaluation
Fazlul Huq is the Secretary of the Madaripur Legal Aid Association (MLAA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.