Reverse Garbage Cooperative Ltd8/142 Addison Rd
NSW 2204 Marrickville
|Telefon:||+61 2 9569 3132; +61 2 9569 3012|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation de l'environnement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
Reverse Garbage Cooperative Ltd. is a registered not-for-profit cooperative and is one of Australia´s best known and most highly regarded creative re-use organisations. We have been operating since 1974 and are self-sustaining, community-based and committed to minimising resource depletion.
Reverse Garbage aims to decrease human impact on the environment while developing imagination and creativity.
Our activities focus on changing patterns of behaviour around use of materials through:
• promoting creative resource re-use
• advocating resource-efficient design and manufacturing processes
We work cooperatively with business, government and the community, running and participating in education programs and mutual benefit projects. Whenever possible, we support and collaborate with other communities engaged in similar cooperative activities.
There are four main areas of activity within Reverse Garbage:
• Resource Re-use: The Resource Re-use operations make available industrial and commercial discards, off-cuts and over-runs to creative and practical people, reducing the amount of waste going to landfill.
• Education: Our educational activities include environmental education programmes for schools, creative workshops at major community events, kids craft activities, train the trainer craft classes, how to re-use workshops, waste education campaigns for local councils and environmental organisations.
• Environmental Promotions Products: Reverse Garbage offers a range of promotional services such as environmental education performances and games, production of promotional aides - all made with reused materials. We produce displays, banners, mascots and signs. Our creative production team can design eye catching promotions to ensure your event is a huge success as well being environmentally friendly.
• Consultancy: Reverse Garbage Consultancy Services provides advice, project management and delivery services to help business, government and community organisations develop and meet waste reduction goals.
Christine Harris-Smyth is the Development Director of Reverse Garbage Cooperative Ltd..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.