National Foundation for Democracy and Human Rights in Uganda (NAFODU)P.O.Box 977, Plot 6 Bwankosya Road
|Phone No.:||+256 774 190533/+256 701 190533|
|Fax No.:||+256 4864 23200|
|E-mail adress:||firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com|
|Contact person:||Orishaba Bagamuhunda Justus|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Human rights
- Educational policy/project
- Peace politics
The National Foundation for Democracy and Human Rights in Uganda (NAFODU) is a civic non partisan, not profit making, non governmental organization. The Foundation was formed in 2000 by a group of youth with the major aim of promoting Democracy, human rights and good governance.
The Foundations mission is to promote and strengthen democracy, human rights and good governance in Uganda through election monitoring, lobbying and advocacy, civic education, training, information dissemination and conflict resolution.
• To strengthen and consolidate instruments, institutions and operation of democracy in Uganda
• To consolidate the respect and observance of human rights and tenets of good governance in Uganda
NAFODU´s main interventions are in the following strategic program areas:
• General civic education: Training workshops & seminars; Community activities like meetings, drama and visits; Media programs (electronic & print); Production of information, education and communication materials (IEC)
• Advocacy and lobbying: Networking with partners involved in the democratization process; Inter-party roundtable discussions and liaison meetings; Nurturing debate & the growth of political parties
• Election monitoring and voter education: Voters´ Registration Mobilization Campaign; Election Monitors mobilization and training; Media Programs (Electronic and Print); Production of Information, Education and Communication Materials
• Strengthening of the multiparty: Roundtable discussions for political parties; Training workshops/seminars; Dissemination of information education and communication materials related to political party roles, functions and governance
• Human rights education and advocacy: Networking with citizen organizations involved in promoting and protecting human rights; Community Sensitization/educational campaigns; Discussions and meetings for policy makers and the public to debate and explore policy options Dissemination of information education and communication materials; Press updates, conferences and statements to supplement; Human rights training workshops
• Conflict resolution/prevention and management: Production and dissemination of information materials on conflict prevention and management
• Institutional capacity enhancement
• Corruption prevention and awareness: Community sensitization/educational campaigns; Networking with citizen organizations involved in preventing corruption Media programs (electronic & print) supplementing its anti-corruption advocacy activities
Orishaba Bagamuhunda Justus is the Executive Director of the National Foundation for Democracy and Human Rights in Uganda (NAFODU).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.