An ideal Refuge for Distressed HumanityRangapani
|Telefon:||+880 351 61043, +880 351 62796|
|Interlocuteur:||Chanchu Chakma, Kirti Nishan Chakma|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Moanoghar is a non-political and socio-educational and development organization, located in the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) of Bangladesh. Moanoghar was founded in 1974 by a group of Buddhist monks. It was founded to provide care and education to the poor, destitute children from the region.
Moanoghar´s mission is to work with the poor and marginalized indigenous people of the Chittagong Hill Tracts. Moanoghar works to provide formal education, vocational training, health services and support for the overall socio-economic development of its students in the area and of the wider community. In addition to these priorities, Moanoghar aspires to promote and preserve indigenous culture and to act as a symbol of communal harmony to the wider community.
Programs & Activities
• Moanoghar Residential High School: It provides education to more than one thousand children both residential and non-residential.
• Vocational & Technical Training School: Moanoghar offers courses on different trades of vocational education such as handloom, sewing, carpentry and basic computer literacy.
• Income generating activities: Moanoghar has undertaken a few income generating activities that include poultry, dairy and fish farm, bee keeping, mushrooms, vegetable orchards, mixed fruits’ tree plantation and afforestation in and around the campus and on lands owned by Moanoghar.
• Music School
• Indigenous Language Teaching Centre
• Moanoghar Mini Hospital and Mobile Clinic: The hospital offers basic health care services to the residential children of Moanoghar. It also offers charity health care services to the people from the nearby villages. Moanoghar also runs a mobile clinic in order to provide basic health care services and awareness raising on hygiene, especially servicing the poor people in the catchment areas.
• Moanoghar Pre-Cadet School
• Won Myung Meditation Center: This centre is used for meditation towards mental cultivation of children, learning basic Buddha’s teachings and training for novices.
• Display and Sales Centre: This is an outlet for the weaving products, especially indigenous clothes, and bamboo crafts made by Moanoghar children as part of their handicrafts training. Alongside them, widows and poor women in the locality make handicrafts products with support from Moanoghar. The proceeds from the sale of these products is used for the welfare of Moanoghar children.
• Extracurricular activities: The children have facilities for games and sports, wall magazine, school magazine (Moano Kodha), cultural events, debating, art competition and so on
• Future Projects: Promotion of indigenous culture; Climate change and food security
• Alumnae Network Management (The Moanogharians)
Chanchu Chakma is the Executive Director and Kirti Nishan Chakma is the General Secretary of Moanoghar.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.