A Vision for Social ChangeMonipuripara, Farmgate
|Telefon:||+880 (0)2-8115630, +880 (0)2-9110025; +880 0(1)720243885|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Condition + projet féminin
Brotee is a rights based non profit, non government civil society organization in Bangladesh. Brotee works among a large population of tribal and religious minorities.
Brotee, a company for social change, was founded in 1993 as a center for ´people´s participation´. It aims to achieve Atma Shakti (strength of the soul) and freedom to determine social change. For Brotee, ´strengthening participation´ (i.e. democratic values) has been both a professional and a social commitment and, hence, it facilitates participation both within and without the organization.
Brotee, under its voluntary sector has the following programs:
• the right to free elections
• the right to safe water
• Gono Gobeshona (participatory village action research)
Through People´s Action Research (Gono Gobeshona) strengthen democracy; build protection and participation of women and the ´vulnerable´ (ethnic and religious minority) and alleviate ´water poverty´ through right to safe drinking water and arsenic mitigation as peoples´ basic right to life.
• Right to Fair Elections & Good Governance: Brotee as an election monitoring agency
• A Village Movement to Protect the Rights of the Vulnerable Community: The Project Goal is to stimulate and sustain a village movement to protect, preserve and promote the rights of the vulnerable community; create a space of tolerance and respect for diversity and evolve an approach that is sustainable and replicable.
• Right to Safe Drinking Water: Rural Piped Water Supply Project
• Women´s Human Rights (WHR): Validation of Gono Gobeshona (people´s action research approach) for the protection of WHR in villages. Advocacy of a validated methodology and establishing links/partnerships with major stakeholders (government, local government, academics, social activists, etc.) will strengthen and sustain the village movement to protect WHR.
• Rehabilitation of Women and Children in SIDR/Aila Affected Area: To achieve a safer haven for the coastal people who are victims of natural disasters and climate change in Bangladesh.
• Non formal basic education and vocational / livelihood skills training: Achieve hundred per cent literacy and zero dropout from primary education in all Brotee project areas.
• Research: Gono Gobeshona: piloting participatory action research for social change: village based enterprise, feasibility for local capital formation and micro business;
Sharmeen Murshid is the Chief Executive Officer of Brotee.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.