Treat Every Environment Special Sdn Bhd (TrEES)
Empowering Communities, Protecting The EnvironmentNo. 72 Jalan SS4/10
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
|Contact person:||Christa & Leela|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Environmental organization
- Educational policy/project
- Commune, community project
Established in 1995 by two women, Treat Every Environment Special Sdn Bhd (TrEES) promotes sustainable lifestyles in the urban community so our children can continue enjoying the benefits provided by Malaysia´s magnificent natural environment.
Our vision is to nurture a generation of Malaysians that is not only concerned about the environment, but has the capacity to manage their resources and lead sustainable lifestyles.
With over sixteen years of experience working on environmental issues, TrEES forms partnerships with diverse communities to develop programmes that are designed to be hands-on, emphasising learning-through-doing to empower Malaysians in getting active in conserving the environment and becoming good ecological managers of our natural resources.
Our programmes are primarily based in urban areas. The lifestyles of the urban community have a tremendous impact on Malaysia´s natural resources, yet this community is the most disconnected from the natural environment. TrEES seeks to re-connect the urban community with the environment that they are a part of, and depend on for their well-being.
TrEES programmes educate the urban community on the issues relating to the environment and the links to human activity. We believe in empowering Malaysians through education and hands-on activities that allow them to be active in conserving the environment.
Our programmes involve communities such as resident groups, welfare organisations, youth groups, schools, colleges and universities as well as the government and private sector.
These programmes help the Malaysian public realize that individual change is required for a global change.
• Young Voices for Conservation: The programme helps prepare our youth for life, by providing them with tools and skills they will need to succeed, allowing them to explore their creativity and unlock their hidden potential, and to achieve results they never knew possible.
• Communities for Conservation: TrEES Communities for Conservation programme, galvanises the community to care for their environmental heritage. Through our various programmes, we help to empower the community in taking action to reduce their ecological footprint.
• Living Sustainably: During TrEES activities and discussions with the community, many members of the public have acknowledged the need to conserve the environment but have expressed their frustration at the lack of access to the tools and knowledge necessary to translate their awareness into action. Through this programme, TrEES is working to build the capacity of communities to help them take action that will directly reduce their negative impacts on the environment.
• Stepping Forward for the Environment: Keeping the environment clean is everyone´s responsibility. We cannot leave it to future generations to take care of the Planet. But to act responsibly, we need information. This way, we can make informed decisions on things that affect our lives. There are several issues that are of concern to TrEES. Take the first step forward, by reading up on these issues.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.