Guyra ParaguayGaetano Martino 215 esquina Teniente Ross
CC 1132 Asunción
|Phone No.:||+595 21229097223567|
|Contact person:||Alberto Yanosky|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Environmental organization
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
Guyra Paraguay is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working for the defense and protection of the biological diversity of Paraguay, organizing community action with the goal of securing representative samples of the natural richness of Paraguay, so that future generations may benefit and appreciate them. Community participation in rural areas of the country is one of our most valuable tools in our work and study of conservation.
Guyra Paraguay was founded in 1997 with the objective of implementing programmes and projects that would promote the protection and conservation of birds that inhabit or travel through the Paraguayan territory. They also resolved to encourage educational activities and to raise awareness about the importance of the conservation of birds and their habitats, and biodiversity in general.
Projects and activities
• Developing databases in order to identify species conservation priorities, including mapping Important Bird Areas (IBAs);
• Identifying and prioritising sites of greatest conservation importance in Paraguay;
• Monitoring the fragmentation of the main eco-regions in Paraguay, including Atlantic Rainforest, Cerrado, Misiones’ Grasslands, Pantanal, and Chaco;
• Integrating social and economic development with ecological requirements in areas of conservation importance;
• Undertaking environmental education throughout Paraguay;
• Providing access to a field station, the Three Giants Lodge, for university students studying conservation.
Alberto Yanosky is the Executive Director of Guyra Paraguay.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.