Latvian Medical Students Association (LaMSA)Skolas iela 3
|Telefon:||+371 26 134 793|
- Politique + projet d'éducation
Latvian Medical Students Association (LaMSA) is a non-profit organization founded in 2002. The mission of LaMSA is to encourage Latvian medical students to become professional and dynamic specialists who are involved in the promotion of the public health within their society the democratic values of which they defend.
It implements its mission through the following activities:
• Organizing international professional and research student exchanges.
• Running anti-AIDS and anti-tuberculosis projects.
• Being active in other public health fields such as educational activities on the reproductive health among the school youth.
• Organizing regular seminars for its members about socioeconomic and ethical issues related to the modern medicine.
LaMSA is a member of the International Federation of Medical Students Associations (IFMSA). The IFMSA is a very well-established international federation with broad representation and close relations with medical students associations all over the world.
LaMSA has also the honor of being a co-founder of the Baltic Friendship Club (BFC), an initiative that unites medical students in the Baltic region through meetings on a regular basis.
The Latvian Association of Medical Students (LaMSA or IFMSA Latvia) participates each year in international exchange programmes sending students from Latvia abroad, as well as hosting medical students in Riga from all around the world.
Ulyana Tyurina is the Vice-President for External Affairs of the Latvian Association of Medical Students (LaMSA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.