Forum selbstbestimmter Assistenz behinderter Menschen (ForseA) e.V.Nelkenweg 5
|Telefon:||+49 (0)7938 515; +49 (0)171 586 1638|
|Telefax:||+49 (0)3222 3 783 563|
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
The non profit-making organisation ForseA, Forum for the Self-Determination of Assistance for the Disabled, was founded in 1997, taking on the task of advising handicapped people who are in need of assistance and encouraging their participation in political processes, for example the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
ForseA works at all political and social levels for equal rights for the handicapped, the chronically sick and the elderly in our society (see constitution). Everyone has a right to a self-determined life, whatever their impairment, their age, or the form and scale of their special needs.
We campaign for legally established rights to self-select the sort of assistance required – as, for example, the type of employer, or the outpatient services used, so that everyone receives the assistance they need and prefer. Everyone must have the right to choose their own assistant.
We advocate changes in the long term care insurance, because this reduces to absurdity the holistic term “care” and the demand for self determination and individual responsibility.
We demand a reform of the Social Security Code, to conform to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
We work for changes in the expressions used to describe disabled people, to avoid the creation of a degrading image of the handicapped.
• Campaigns, information events
• Assistance in hospitals
• Campaign for a needs-oriented law of social participation, irrespective of income and assets.
• Committee work
• Training for workers in the mutual service posts, according to the 9th book of the Social Security Code, as well as for workers in charities and self-help organisations.
• Advising the disabled and their families on the subject of personal assistance, types of employer, personal budgets and long term care insurance.
• Publicity work. Members’ newsletter INFORUM
• Cooperation with the special interest group Selbstbestimmt Leben Deutschland (Self-determined Life Germany) and the initiative Daheim statt Heim (At home, not in a home), founded at the end of 2006 by the speaker for the disabled in the Social Democratic Party.
Gerhard Bartz is the President of ForseA.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation and provide up to date information in the field of our work.