Tukae22 Hilgrove Road
TR7 2QZ Newquay, Cornwall
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Projet d'environnement
Tukae ("let us be together" in Kisambaa the local language) is a UK Registered Charity, established in 2001, that works to integrate people, their skills, knowledge and ideals in the beautiful, remote Amani district of north-eastern Tanzania.
Tukae is a Tanzanian-initiated project led by personnel from the UK. Its remit is to assist in the alleviation of poverty through practical action in four broad areas: Health, Education, Job Creation and the Environment.
We work at that point where people, their skills, knowledge and ideals coincide. We are involved in work that is wanted by local people and for which there is a clearly identified need. We are very much community based and needs driven.
The underpinning philosophy is that by equipping people with appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities, opportunities and decision-making processes are enhanced and peoples abilities to make choices are improved. When both the range and quality of choice is enhanced then the opportunity to move out of poverty is significantly reinforced.
• Health: Beat Back Malaria Programme
• Education: Teaching English in local schools
• Job Creation: Revenue-generating projects including a Women`s Workshop
• Environment: Raising environmental awareness at the Emau Hill Forest Camp
Althea Stevens is the Chairman of Tukae.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.