CERES Community Environment ParkCnr Roberts & Stewart Street
VIC 3057 Brunswick East
|Telefon:||+61 (0)3 9389 0100; +61 (0)3 9389 0181|
|Telefax:||+61 (0)3 9389 0101|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation de l'environnement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
CERES - Centre for Education and Research in Environmental Strategies, is an award winning, not-for-profit sustainability centre located in East Brunswick, Melbourne and founded in 1981.
The purpose of CERES is to provide a place which exists to initiate and support environmental sustainability and social equity with an emphasis on cultural richness and community participation. It is also a thriving community, an urban farm, Australia`s largest deliverer of environmental education, an event and conference venue and a place rich with social and cultural diversity. CERES is recognised as an international leader in community and environmental practice.
CERES`green technology displays, buildings, education and training programs and social enterprises (CERES` Organic Market, Café, Permaculture Nursery and Fair Food organics delivery) demonstrate food security, sustainable agriculture, energy efficiencies, renewables and water conservation in action.
These activities are directed to fulfilling our mission to:
• Address the causes of climate change,
• Promote social wellbeing and connectedness,
• Build local and global equity, and
• Embrace and facilitate rapid change.
Community groups such as the Bike Shed, Community Gardens and Chook Group that call CERES home are also part of CERES` culture. CERES is working towards making the site carbon neutral. CERES is a model for a future where innovation, sustainability, equity and connectedness are central.
• Education: Our education programs cover land, habitat, renewable energy, water conservation and management, sustainable building design, plants and animals, applied gardening, waste management and cultural diversity. All of CERES Education programs provide students with a hands-on interactive learning experience.There are two main modes of delivery – Excursions and Incursions.
• Workshops: Creative Workshops; Food Workshops; Garden and Farm Workshops; Green Technology Workshops.
• Courses: CERES, with funding support from Adult Community and Further Education (ACFE), is offering a number of short courses: The Complete Urban Farmer; Sustainable gardening level one; Cooking for life; From Seed to Feast – the ultimate cooking experience; Gardening for all abilities.
• Vocational Training – VET: CERES is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and offers Certificate II in Horticulture and Certificate II in Hospitality as part of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) program.
• Young Adult Disability Program
• Tours: CERES tours are led by trained sustainability educators who can discuss the history, governance, programs and displays in this distinctive place.
Cinnamon Evans is a Team Leader of CERES.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.