Inspiring thinking ...for a better tomorrow.PO Box 219, 100 Elizabeth Street
TAS 7000 Hobart
|Phone No.:||+61 417 232 221|
|Contact person:||Liila Hass|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Ecological research/futurology
- Educational policy/project
Future Tasmania is a community based network of thinkers and progressive Tasmanians passionate about a better way forward. Future Tasmania was established in 2005 by thinkers from around the state, united by a vision of creating a thriving locally-based economy while at the same time preserving the environment, developing critical thinking, practical solutions, ethical leadership and autonomy. The independent organization is not for profit and not party political.
We seek and promote new ways of thinking and solving problems, long term sustainable prosperity for our region, new economics, preservation of our unique environment, and strengthening the local Tasmanian community.
Themes of Interest:
• Protection of local economies
• Natural resource stewardship
• Ethical leadership and participatory democracy
• Empowering groups working for a sustainable Tasmania
• Economic democracy – an economy of, by and for the people
• Producer and consumer cooperatives in all sectors of the economy (agricultural, industrial, banking and service)
• Seed bank research and development
• Regional economic planning and control
• Better wealth creation and distribution
• Tasmanian Social Capital Network is one of Future Tasmania`s flagship projects. This initiative is specifically designed for those who work in the Social Capital environment to learn, exchange ideas, collaborate, promote and celebrate this wonderful burgeoning field.
• Future Screen: An exciting and ground breaking Film Making mentoring initiative which will see us partnering with Wide Angle Tasmania and The Book End Trust to help emerging Tasmanian film makers supported to create socially conscious films.
• Economic Forum 2012: We`ll be looking at what`s new in New Economics, and explore models of economic development that are not only local, but sustainable and resilient.
• Conferences with themes like:
• Our Earth: Who is Responsible
• Building Resilient Communities
• Our Future; Our Health, Water, Air & Soil
• Water, Food and Forests; Exploring Tasmanian Futures
• Community, Economy & Environment; Exploring Tasmanian Futures
Liila Hass is the President of Future Tasmania.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.