JAN Trust8 - 10 Bedford Road, Wood Green
N22 7AU London
|Telefon:||+44 (0) 208 889 9433|
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Condition + projet féminin
- Droits de l'Homme
JAN Trust is a non for profit organisation formed in the late 1980`s. It is based in London and caters for grass roots women and youth - predominately from disadvantaged and marginalised communities. Our work and services are delivered locally, nationally and internationally.
Our aim is to educate, empower and encourage women and youth creating positive and active citizens of society. It is dedicated to the cause of combating poverty, discrimination, abuse and social exclusion among Black, Asian, minority ethnic, refugee and asylum women.
JAN Trust is making a real difference in improving the lives of communities; promoting human and women’s rights as well as community cohesion.
We carry out a range of services and projects including (but not limited to) preventing forced marriages; honour killings; domestic violence; intercommunity and interfaith dialogue; human rights; citizenship, integration etc.
We work with a range of partners including non for profit organisations; mainstream agencies; schools; colleges; universities and governmental institutions.
• Training: We provide a range of training and educational programmes which range from vocational training through to workshops. These courses help our users to continue their learning at other educational establishments and additionally increases their integration and employability hence alleviating poverty.
• Services: We offer a range of services from a youth club to a mature ladies club. The activities supplement the training courses we offer and help the women and youth both socially and vocationally. We also work to prevent violence against women including domestic violence, forced marriages, honour based violence and FGM.
• Projects: JAN Trust is unique in its projects that it runs and the innovative ways it uses in those projects to empower communities. By mobilising the skills, talents and energies at JAN Trust, we are making a real difference in improving the lives of local communities.
Sajda Mughal is theProject Manager of the JAN Trust.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance and training through our trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.